• 1
    My Cards
    If you are looking for inspiration, I hope you will find some here ♡
    Read more
  • 2
    3D Projects
    Treat Holders, Pop ups & whatever I get obsessed with.
    Read more
  • 3
    My Videos
    Gift Card Holders & Treat Boxes are my favorites. Watch My Videos!
    Watch now
Welcome!
Hi, my name is Jan Musselman and I am so happy you are here today! I love sharing what I create using Stampin’ Up! Products. Here, on my blog, you will find some inspiration, tutorials and even a few videos.

You can even earn free products by purchasing your favorite Stampin’ Up! Products through me.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
Learn How

Past class in the mail projects

Latest on the blog

August 2019 KBH Theme: Color Challenge Farms


Welcome to the 2019 Kre8tors Blog Hop! This months theme is a color challenge. The photo Melissa provided for us is gorgeous. But, I have to say that normally I am intimidated by color Challenges. I don't know why, just am. I recently received the 2 holiday stamp sets I ordered from the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog and have been busy putting together my pre-order from the new Holiday Catalog so I  am thinking Holidays.

I needed to use at least 3 of the 5 colors so I started with Cherry Cobbler, Gray Granite and Early Espresso. I chose the Lots Of Cheer stamp set to work with and the darling jingle bell wreath image. I started with a card front that is a 2 7/8" x 4 7/8" piece of Shimmery White Cardstock. I stamped the image with Basic Black Archival Ink (retired, you can use Stazon instead). I did heat set it to hurry the drying process. Using my Aqua Painter and Gray Granite Ink I watercolored the bells.
I also watercolored the bow on the wreath with Cherry Cobbler Ink. I added a little Petal Pink ink around the wreath and on the inside. I decided the bow needed more color so I stamped another image with Tuxedo Black Memento ink, colored the bow with Stampin' Blends Cherry Cobbler Combo. I cut the bow out with my Snips and adhered it to the wreath with a Mini Glue Dot. The Sentiment Label is another piece of Shimmery White Cardstock with a mat of Cherry Cobbler Cardstock. I Stamped the sentiment with Basic Black and die cut  both pieces with the smaller label die from the Merry Christmas Dies and then adhered them together with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I popped up the completed Sentiment Label onto the Card Front with some Mini Dimensionals that I cut in half. I Threaded some Linen Thread under the Labels a couple of times and tied a bow on the right side. I added some dimensionals to the back and set the completed Card Front aside.

I took a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of Gray Granite Cardstock and embossed it with the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder. I added some White Craft Ink to this by rubbing my stamp pad lightly across the embossed layer. I adhered this to a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Cherry Cobbler Cardstock with Liquid Glue. Next I Cut a piece of Early Espresso Cardstock in half to make a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" Card Base, scored at 4 1/4".


I adhered the completed Card Front to the mats with Dimensionals. Then adhered this to the Card Base with Liquid Glue. The Inside Layer is a 3 1/4" x 4 1/4" piece of Shimmery White Cardstock. I Stamped the Wreath image with Gray Granite Ink that I stamped off twice before stamping the Inside Layer. I stamped the sentiment with Basic Black. I adhered the Inside Layer to the inside of the Card Base with Liquid Glue. So the last color I wanted to add was Highland Heather. I wound up coloring some Rhinestone Basic Jewels with a Highland Heather Dark Stampin' Blend. I added these to the wreath as sparkly little decorator bits.

I hope you enjoy my take on this Color Challenge and will be inspired by what you see here.  Now it is time to take a look at Jacqui's take on this challenge. Just click on the arrow below.


Roll Call List

I Would Love To Be Your Demonstrator!
If you are In the United States and need a demonstrator, 
then you can order from me by clicking on the links provided below. 

Thanks for Looking!

Product List
Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad
Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad
[101731]
$8.00
Stamparatus
[146276]
$49.00



Comments

  1. Your jingle bell wreath is beautiful in these colors, Jan! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card Jan, loving the jingle bells xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful twist to a Christmas card. Love it, Jan! Thanks for the inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this lovely card, The coloring is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the clean lines of this car Jan. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this.....nice and simple but elegant too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. REALLY cute! I love the background words on the gray cardstock. And the overall design is lovely! Thanks for hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Unknown Commenters will not be allowed!