• 1
    My Cards
    If you are looking for inspiration, I hope you will find some here ♡
    Read more
  • 2
    3D Projects
    Treat Holders, Pop ups & whatever I get obsessed with.
    Read more
  • 3
    My Videos
    Gift Card Holders & Treat Boxes are my favorites. Watch My Videos!
    Watch now
Welcome!
Hi, my name is Jan Musselman and I am so happy you are here today! I love sharing what I create using Stampin’ Up! Products. Here, on my blog, you will find some inspiration, tutorials and even a few videos.

You can even earn free products by purchasing your favorite Stampin’ Up! Products through me.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
Learn How

Past class in the mail projects

Latest on the blog

SIP Challenge 150 – Fancy Folds!


Hello again,

Here I am once again with another card for the current challenge over on the Stamp, Ink, Paper
Challenge Blog. This weeks challenge is Fancy Folds. This one really got my crafting itch going. There is nothing like a new card fold to create an itch I have to scratch. The newest card fold that I am beginning to see everywhere online is the Impossible Card. It's really cute. with 3 cuts on the card base and a twist on one side you have something new to play with. When I set out to make one of these I quickly realized that the standard size was not going to work with my chosen stamp set. So my Impossible Card is a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2". I needed a little more height on the Design Layer and the square card gave me that. You can get 2 card bases out of a single sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock.

Card Details
Mint Macaron Card Base - 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" (follow diagram for the cuts and fold).
2-Mats - Tranquil Tide Cardstock - 2 5/8" x 5 3/8" (Follow template to cut).
2-Nature's Poem Designer Series Paper - 2 1/2" x 5 1/4" (Follow template to cut).
Design Layer Mat - Tranquil Tide - 2 5/8" x 3 3/8".
Card Base
Design Layer - Watercolor Paper - 2 1/2" x 3 1/4".
Crane & Water Lily - Watercolor Paper - 3" x 3 1/2"
Grasses - Tranquil Tide Scrap
Sentiment Mat - Tranquil Tide - 1 5/16" x 3 1/2"
Sentiment DSP - Trace around the die and fussy cut.
Sentiment Layer - Watercolor Paper - 1" x 3 1/4".

Cut the Card Base to size. Score the card on on one side at 2 3/4". Mark the 3 cut lines with a pencil. Basically all the cuts stop at the fold line. Fold the right side under and back so that the 1" piece is now on the front right. The other side has the 1" piece on the back left.

If you plan to make more than one of these cards you should make templates to follow. I used
Card Base Mat Template
thick Cardstock to make my templates so that they would hold up under a lot of use. Below you will see the templates for the mats and the designer series paper. I used the Stampin' Trimmer to cut my lines so that they would be straight. If you feel you can cut them with scissors do so.

I cut the mat from Tranquil Tide Cardstock. The Designer Series Paper that I used was from the new Nature's Poem DSP.  Be mindful of any one way design that you choose. You will need to flip the template to make sure everything is right side up.

For the Design Layer I did a watercolor wash on the bottom with Mint Macaron. Then I used the "Water" stamp and Tranquil Tide Ink and stamped the water lines in. Again I blended the water lines into the background with my Aqua Painter. I stamped the Crane and the Water Lillies with Basic Black Ink. When they were dry, I add color with my Aqua Painter. Smokey Slate to shade the crane a little. Petal Pink for the Water Lillies and Tranquil Tide for the Leaves. I glued the Grass to the scene with Liquid Glue. The Crane and the Water Lillies are popped up on Mini Dimensionals. The Sentiment is stamped with Basic Black on water color paper and cut out with the coordinating die. Then I layered it onto a piece of DSP. I popped the up onto the Tranquil tide Mat with Mini Dimenionals too. Adhere the Sentiment Strips with Liquid Glue to the Card base making sure that the Card is Squared up.

DSP Template
I added a Pearlized Doily to the card base by cutting halfway through one. I slid it in place and
then cut the back away and adhered the edges with the Fine Tip Glue Pen. I added a Grapefruit Grove Twine Bow to the corner of the Sentiment.

I Would Love To Be Your Demonstrator!
If you are In the United States and need a demonstrator, then you can order from me by clicking on the links provided below. 
Thanks for Looking!




Product List
Mint Macaron 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
Mint Macaron 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
[138337]
$8.00

Comments

  1. What a beautiful card! The colors are just perfect and I love your bird image! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Ink Paper, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan your card is gorgeous!! I love all the details you used. I haven’t tried this fold yet but you have inspired me to do so! Thank you for the detailed instructions. So glad you joined us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and awesome choice for this cool fun fold! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Jan, I love this and that stamp set is on my wish list. Thanks for joining us this week at Stamp, Ink Paper. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Unknown Commenters will not be allowed!